Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ya know what's good? I mean, really good...

Pork Loin with Apples & Squash.

Seriously.

Photobucket
Mix 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced, 1 large Butternut Squash peeled and cubed, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 dried thyme, and 1/4 tsp sage.
Brown a 3 to 5lb Pork Loin on all sides in a heavy skillet.  Salt and pepper the Loin thoroughly and  place is slow cooker and put the apple/squash mixture around.  Add the juices.  I de-glazed the skillet with a bit of added apple juice to make more juices.  
Photobucket
Pour 1 cup of apple juice, or so, over everything, slap the lid down and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours, depending on the size of your roast.  Mine was an almost 5 lb'er so she cooked for about 7 hours and was the most delicious thing I've eaten in a while.
Photobucket
Invite some folks over. 
Bask in the glory that will be yours.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sahildeki Ev said...

Sounds yummy.. I like to use apple in salads but I think I should try to cook them also..