Friday, December 10, 2010

Seaming

That's the shoulder seam on my Wisteria shawl collar sweater.
I actually took the time to look up how to do this properly in my little knitting help manual.  
Guys aren't the only one's who don't like to ask for directions.
Best $20 I ever spent in my knitting career, btw.
Yeah, I'm a beginner knitter. These things tend to thrill me to no end.  We're talking cereal thrill here, Shannon.
"Work even in K2,P2 Rib as established until collar measures same as opening at center front."  Yeah. Got it.  But, wait....
Since there is no definite instruction on how wide this collar is, I finally determined, via the picture shot, that I should just make one of the side ends as wide, er, long, as the bottom opening as they're gonna overlap anyhoo.
Of course, I had put all these stitches on a length of yarn and tried to lay it out before I had this epiphany. 

Therefore, "Work even in K2,P2 Rib as established until collar measures same as opening at center front", actually means what I just wrote above.
Now, why they've couldn't of just written it like that is anyone's guess.
Ah, the beauty and poetry that is a set in sleeve. 
Or, my first set in that doesn't look like, uh... way bad.
More to follow after I redo an entire sleeve. *sigh*


No comments: