Monday, October 5, 2009

Lookin' like fall around here....

Photobucket

You can't even tell I ran over this pumpkin...ha! Uh, with a big 'ol SUV, no less.
Gotta love a fake punky!

These are getting planted today

Photobucket
On the right is a Paperbark Maple.  One of the most beautiful for fall foliage color, in my humble opinion.  The other is a Katsura.  Beautiful fall, gold color.  The last is a variegated willow variety, usually seen in shrub form, like the pic below.
I love the color so much, I got this one grafted in tree form.

Photobucket

And I'm trying my hand at refinishing this

Photobucket

Photobucket

I sorta can't believe I really want to paint this black.  A flat black.  Ok, maybe I'd better consider a satin finish? 
If you've got thoughts, or done this before please, please, let me know!
All I've ever done is taken stuff down a bit (sanded) and then re-stained.  Never painted before. 
I can't wait to get this finished as  all the things that are going in this hutch are taking up waaaay to much space in a bedroom that I need to get to work on as well.
Sometimes, it feels like I'll never get it all done or that it'll take forever.
Then, I just pinch myself and realize how lucky I am to have any of this in the first place~!
Not to mention, how much fun it is :)
Thank-you, Lord. 

No comments: